Vitals connections are the links between the anesthesia monitors collecting vital signs and the forms used by providers. This article demonstrates how to create and update vitals connections.
- Creating a Vitals Connection
- Deactivating/Reactivating a Vitals Connection
- Updating a Vitals Connection
Creating a Vitals Connection
- Navigate to the Vitals Connections settings page in the Graphium dashboard.
- Click the Create Vitals Connection button.
- Fill out the unit identifier and display name, and select a facility. Your vendor (e.g. Neximatic) or IT department will provide the unit identifier. If there are other pertinent details about the vitals connection, you can put them in the optional connection notes field.
NOTE: The unit identifier links the vitals connection you are creating with the physical machine receiving the data. If it is not correct, data for that vitals connection will not appear on forms. The unit identifier cannot be changed after the vitals connection is created.
- If you have measure defaults, select them. These are not required and can be edited later.
- Click the Create button
NOTE: The Latest Information section is populated automatically once the vitals connection begins receiving data. It cannot be edited.
- New vitals connections are deactivated by default. If you are ready for your providers to start using the new vitals connection, proceed to the next section to activate it.
Deactivating/Reactivating a Vitals Connection
- Click the gear icon under Actions for the vitals connection you want to deactivate or reactivate.
- Click Deactivate or Reactivate. If you are deactivating a vitals connection, click Deactivate to confirm.
NOTE: After activating a vitals connection, it will be available to providers. Please ensure it is fully set up before activating. After deactivating a vitals connection, it will no longer be available to providers. Please ensure that the vitals connection is no longer needed before deactivating.
Updating a Vitals Connection
- Click the gear icon under Actions for the vitals connection you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
- Update the vitals connection information. As a reminder, the unit identifier cannot be updated after the vitals connection is created.
- Click the Save button.