There are a variety of ways to start/open an anesthesia case:
1. Our preferred Windows Tablet has an integrated barcode scanner to scan the patient wristband. By scanning the patient barcode, or entering the case ID manually, the system will instantly open that patient’s chart.
2. On Apple iOS devices, the camera is used to scan the barcode and initiate opening of the patient’s chart.
3. Alternatively, the user may choose from a list of either recently opened or currently admitted patient charts.
4. A user can use the detailed search option to lookup cases by admit/discharge date, name, MRN, or other demographics.
5. The user can also create new cases "on the fly" by clicking the "Add Encounter" button. The only required data to be entered to create a new Encounter "on the fly" is an Encounter Number.